Tacos cocos locos
Yield 4 servings
For the cooked vegetables:
- 1 T grapeseed oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1-2 poblano peppers, sliced very thin
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp salt
For the beans:
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 T fresh lime juice
For the fresh vegetables:
- ¼ head of cabbage
- 6-8 radishes
- ½ bunch of cilantro (leaves only)
To complete the tacos:
- 8-10 small corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Your favorite hot sauce
- Slice the onion and pepper/s.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the vegetables and spices.
- Stir often until the onions and peppers begin to caramelize and are soft and fragrant.
- Turn heat to low when the vegetables are done cooking.
While the vegetables cook…
- In a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade, combine the black beans, coconut milk, lime juice, and salt.
- Blend well until the mixture forms a consistent creamy texture.
- Transfer the beans to a skillet over low heat.
For the fresh vegetables...
- Rinse the food processor and find the grating blade.
- Cut the cabbage into pieces that will fit through the feed tube of your food processor.
- Run the cabbage, radishes, and cilantro through the grater.
- Stir the vegetables well to combine and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Slice the avocado evenly.
- Warm the tortillas (or char them over a gas stove).
- Transfer the bean mixture and cooked vegetables into serving bowls.
- Assemble the tacos at the table—everyone can make their own!
I already mentioned this, but it bears repeating: the black beans make an awesome dip for corn chips! Especially served with our epic Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix.
Recipe by Eat Like a Yogi at https://eatlikeayogi.com/tacos-locos-cocos/