Sweet and spicy snack mix
Yield 12 cups
- 10 cups puffed rice cereal
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup pistachios
- ¾ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup fennel seeds
- 3 T garam masala
- 1 ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 T salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 275°.
- Combine the rice and nuts in a large, wide mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the all of the spices over the mix, then pour the melted coconut oil over the top and stir well until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Spread the mix on a large baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the mix and stir in the raisins.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to a week.
If the nuts brown too quickly, turn the heat down to 250°. The goal is for them to be perfectly roasty toasty after 60 minutes of baking.
For best results, serve this snack mix shortly after preparing it.
Recipe by Eat Like a Yogi at https://eatlikeayogi.com/sweet-and-spicy-snack-mix/