Tahini beet spread
Yield 2 cups
- 3 medium beets, peeled, ends removed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup cashews or cashew pieces, unsalted
- 1 tsp harissa powder (or 1 T prepared harissa)
- ½ tsp salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Pulse several times to chop the beets.
- Blend on low, gradually increasing the speed as the ingredients begin to merge and pull down evenly.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a bit of water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Store in an airtight container for up to seven days.
How to serve:
- Spread on sandwiches
- Dip vegetables or chips
- Stir into cooked pasta
- Add a dollop to garnish any dinner entree, such as a stuffed pepper or risotto.
Recipe by Eat Like a Yogi at http://eatlikeayogi.com/tahini-beet-spread/