Get well soon carrot soup
Yield 4-6 servings
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ½ lbs carrots, peeled and chopped, ends removed
- 1 T freshly grated turmeric (approx. 1 ½”)
- 1 T freshly grated ginger (approx. 1 ½”)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ — ½ tsp cayenne
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- In a large soup pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté five minutes.
- Add the carrots and all of the seasonings—turmeric, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well to combine and cook another five minutes, covered.
- Add the broth and water. Cover and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Test to make sure the carrots are soft. Blend the soup—in batches if necessary—until all of the ingredients are well incorporated and soup is very smooth.
For a nice garnish try pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of olive oil, cashew sour cream, or fruit compote.
Recipe by Eat Like a Yogi at http://eatlikeayogi.com/carrot-soup/